Clever little story with several lessons I gleaned:
1) Just because everyone else says you are wrong, does not mean you are... speak up!
2) Hoarding is not wise or useful. Even manna could not be stored (except for Sabbath)
3) If you use your talents well more will be given unto you. If you do not use them they will go bad and/or be taken away
4) Be creative & think outside the box.
5) Be observant of underutilized resources
6) It is ok to break old (limiting) beliefs & traditions, to create new (more inclusive) ones .
7) Wine is made to drink! It’s a renewable resource, right!