Welcome to Aura (“Aura,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). Aura is a mindfulness-based meditation application and platform.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, coaches, and others who access the Service (“Users“).
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Information from social login services (also referred to as single-sign on).
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first name). This information allows us to help you or others be “found” on Aura.
- User Content (e.g., posts, comments) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Aura. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies, log file and similar technologies:
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Aura.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We comply with all applicable laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. For purposes of Article 14(2) of the GDPR, Aura relies on the following lawful basis for processing personal data: consent, compliance with law and legitimate interest. Aura does not differentiate how we treat our users whether they exercise their rights under the CCPA.
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Aura application on your device
- provide personalized content and information to you and others
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Aura (or the group of companies of which Aura is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, anonymous session recordings, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms. These include Open AI’s ChatGPT, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar, Facebook Connect and Adobe Typekit. To opt out of Google, click here. For Hotjar, click here. For Adobe, click here. To opt out of Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make explicitly public is searchable by other Users.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the Aura API have copied or saved that information.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Aura, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities. We use OpenAI’s ChatGPT service to help personalize recommendations.
- Aura, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Aura, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Aura make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings. You can email email@example.com to request your data be deleted.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Aura, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Aura does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone in the US under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us. For EU, the age limit is 16 due to GDPR.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
7. APPLE HEALTHKIT
Aura can be used alongside Apple HealthKit if you choose to integrate the two services. With your permission, Aura may use HealthKit to:
- Save your meditation progress (start time and end time) to HealthKit. Aura will not write false or inaccurate data to HealthKit.
- Retrieve your meditation progress from HealthKit to better personalize the meditation program, a part of our core Service.
Aura will not use HealthKit data for marketing purposes or share HealthKit data with any third-party platforms for any reasons other than provided above. We will receive your consent before conducting any health-related human subject research through your HealthKit data, and we will also secure an approval from an independent ethics review board.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
DATE: June12, 2023